Hey lovely dancers!
I’ve compiled a list of my favourite apps that inspire my belly dance practice and they are Free! Can’t complain with that They are not ‘how to bellydance” type apps but apps that I find really helpful. I’d love to hear of any others I may have missed or haven’t discovered
Some of these apps may be specifically for Apple, however android do offer several versions too.
1) Shazam- if you hear a song when you are out and about, you can “Shazam” it and the app identifies the name and artist of the track. Available for both android and iphone
2) Tempo- this app allows you to import any song and either increase or decrease the tempo. I’ve found it really useful when teaching a choreography, and students are having trouble with the fast bits. You can slowly increase the tempo until they are on to it! A great app for teachers!
3) youtube Capture- a great app to upload footage in a easy way. You can do rehearsals, upload it and set it to private, so only those with the link can view it.Available for both android and iphone
4) Garage band – this one is probably best for the ipad. I’m still in the process of working out how to mix music for gigs, but so far so good!i do think there is a small fee for this one though.
5) Pinterest- a fantastic source of visual food on all topics you can imagine- and HEAPS on dance you can view my Pinterest pages here
Available for both android and iphone
6) Soundcloud- an awesome resource for music
7) Take a break- this is a really lovely relaxation app which has the option of 7 or 13 minute guided relaxations with or with out music. I find the ladies voice really soothing!
8) Metronome ‘lite’- this app is a basic metronome which allows you to set the ‘beat’ at a certain number of beats per minute, with an easy slider to increase or decrease the speed. it’s great for drilling if you don’t want to have to dig out varied tracks with different speeds
9) Rhythm Id : a great app to learn the Middle Eastern rhythms, and and even a game to test your knowledge!
Souls Journey ‘lite’- ok so this one isn’t really dance related but it’s a bit of fun choosing a card and recieving a bit of guidance if your into that kind of thing
– See more at: https://acushla-mkrtschjan-ctjv.squarespace.com/blog/2014/7/4/the-best-free-dance-apps#path=pages%2C51ee127be4b053d3fee4e91e&previewUrl=%2Fblog%2F2014%2F7%2F4%2Fthe-best-free-dance-apps&.VR88ZEs9JEI=&.VR89KEs9JEI=