BODY TEMPLE FUSION BELLYDANCE & BUSINESS
Have you thought about teaching? Perhaps you are already?
With so much going on in the world, what we need most right now is community, art, beauty and a rising in the empowerment of women globally.
When I first started teaching over 16 years ago I had no idea just how transformative bellydance can be. Although i felt like I was a bit out of my depth, as I pretty much taught myself as I went along (‘tribal’ style was a new genre back when i started), what i did notice was the beautiful changes that happened for the women who stepped into my classes.
As a new teacher, it took many years to fine tune not only technique but also how to teach it! From explaining the movements effectively, to class dynamics, music editing, teaching online and being a business owner. Bellydance teachers do a lot!
Hey! I’m Acushla,
Bellydance has been my main career for the last 16 years. I have taught and performed around Australia, created Australia’s first “Art of tribal bellydance” dvd series, and ran a school with over 6 teachers whom i trained to teach, many who moved on to run their own successful schools. And more recently have trained dancers overseas (technology is pretty amazing!) to teach my Bellydance Blueprint method.
I’ve always loved training and supporting dancers who are ready to take the next step to start teaching, or who are already established teachers and are looking for another challenge and an inspiring new way to create a more rich and creative class experience for their students. I’m really excited to be offering this new online teacher training program that will ignite your passion for teaching, provide a structured method and save you a ton of time by sharing my experience and online business strategies and tools.
CONSIDERING BECOMING A TEACHER?
I’ve trained dancers worldwide on how to change lives teaching fusion bellydance. There is nothing more beautiful than the reward of witnessing women feel empowered in their body and develop the skills and grace of learning this ancient dance form.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A TEACHER
DEMAND: More and more women are drawn to bellydance for the therapeutic, creative, strenghthening, fun and sensual form of expression.
LOW OVERHEADS: If you plan to teach locally, costs are fairly minimal to get started. If you plan to teach online, you will be required to invest in some start up costs (but can be done on a budget!) however ongoing overheads are low.
ONLINE TEACHING = WORLDWIDE AUDIENCE: If you choose to teach online, you literally have access to teaching students from all over the world!
MARKETING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER: With social media being the most powerful form of marketing, reaching a huge audience of potential students has never been more affordable.
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
- There are two options: one for those who would like to focus on the basics: ‘Fundamentals teacher training’, and the other option is to teach the ‘Bellydance Blueprint method’ which is more advanced (you can do both!)
- Become a professional, confident fusion bellydance teacher
- Learn the ‘science’ of fusion bellydance (‘tribal’) in a structured, creative and fun way, that will inspire students and empower them to tap into their own creativity
- Help other women to benefit from this transformative art form, through embodiment, creativity, community and wellbeing
- Develop your own skills to a high level (teaching is one of the best ways to improve your own development)
- Live with more purpose and fulfilment
- Become an inspiration to others
WHO IS THIS TEACHER TRAINING FOR?
- Bellydance students who would love to take the next step and start to teach. Depending on your skill level, ‘Fundamentals teacher training’ would be a great place to start!
- Already established teachers who would like some fresh inspiration and a new apporach to teaching fusion bellydance
- Those who already work with women at retreats, yoga classes or workshops
- People who have completed the ‘Bellydance Blueprint’ level one course
THE TWO OPTIONS FOR TEACHER TRAINING
- Would you like to start with the basics and ease your way into it? Great! then ‘Fundamentals teacher training” is for you!
- Are you already a teacher or are ready to jump into more complex aspects such as layering and creating your own combinations? Perfect! Then the Body Temple Dance teacher training is for you, where you learn to teach the Bellydance Blueprint Method!
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TRAINING?
Five modules including:
- Fundamentals Fusion bellydance tutorials. These are included in the Fundamentals teacher training. (7 hours)
- Tutorial videos from the Bellydance Blueprint method (10 hours). This is not included in Fundamentals teacher training
- Four masterclasses (pre recorded videos)
- Templates, Pdf’s and training documents
- If you choose to be certified there will also be two 1:1 mentoring sessions
THE FIVE MODULES
You will recieve access to Module one immediately after registering. The following modules will be sent to your email inbox weekly over a five week period.
MODULE ONE: TECHNIQUE & CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT
*The video content in module one is the only difference between the Fundamantals teacher training and the Body Temple Dance teacher training (Bellydance Blueprint method).
*All tutorial videos are pre recorded and downloadable
Fundamentals teacher training:
- Video Tutorials for teaching fundamentals and beyond- total 7 hours
Body Temple Teacher Training: Bellydance Blueprint method tutorials
- Video tutorials from Level One Bellydance Blueprint program PLUS tutorials for teaching fundamantals
- Bonus lesson on “understanding the muscles we use for isolations” and conditioning exercises for bellydance
- 26 video tutorials: total 11 hours
You will have access to all tutoral videos prior to the masterclasses
MODULE TWO: MASTERCLASS ON 'PREPARING TO TEACH'
- Introduction to teaching The Bellydance Blueprint method
- Lesson planning: how to structure classes (including my 8 week course outline)
- Learn ways to create a vibe that encourages students to keep coming back.
- How to teach: Understanding different learning styles (every student learns in a different way) and how to use this understanding while teaching certain movements
- The teachers mindset: Learn how to use your strengths and understand your weaknesses to become an authentic teacher that students are wanting to learn from. Also learn how to transform the self critical “I’m not good enough” self talk that can lower confidence.
- What to do with difficult students and how to handle them
- Building community
- General information on certification
MODULE THREE: MASTERCLASS- CREATIVE COMBO LAB
- In this masterclass i will take you through the process of creating combinations, inspired by the Bellydance Blueprint process
- You will learn how to create your own drill sessions and combinations so you have endless ideas to teach in class
MODULE FOUR: BUSINESS AND MARKETING SPECIFIC TO BELLYDANCE
- Learn how to attract students in a way that feels authentic and fun to you! Forget the cookie cutter approach to marketing. I teach a non ‘traditional approach’.
- Online tools to use for business and marketing (most are free!)
- How to best utilise social media that feels right for you
- The top 5 mistakes bellydance teachers make when it comes to business and how to avoid them
- Teaching online (pre recorded Vs live classes). Learn about the different options of teaching online depending on your budget.
MODULE FIVE: MASTERCLASS: HISTORY AND MOCK CLASS
In this masterclass i will answer all of your questions and also cover topics such as:
- Cultural Appropriation: Learn the common mistakes i have made with this topic and ways to ensure you are being respectful to the cultures we are inspird by in fusion bellydance
- History of fusion bellydance (formally termed tribal fusion) and how my approach was developed.
- I will take you through a quick ‘mock’ first bellydance class, which will include all of the ‘Class structure keys’.
TEACHER TRAINING NOTES AND PDF'S
- The ‘Layer card’ template to activate creative ideas for combinations and movement sequences
- A series of journaling questions for you to gain more clarity and focus on your goals and desires for teaching fusion bellydance. Having clear intentions will ensure your energy is directed in a way that is in alignment with what you truly want.
- A template for an 8 week beginners fusion bellydance course
I absolutely love the Belly Dance Blueprint method! Working through the lessons and challenges really helped me break “out of the box” and think about dance and layering in new ways. I’ve learned new skills to teach dance to my students and help them create their own choreography or improv. Acushla is a gem—she is always at hand with support! Her constructive feedback and guidance was so valuable in improving my own skills in dance as well as teaching. I’m thrilled to start sharing this method with my students!
CERTIFIED OR NOT CERTIFIED?
You can become certified in both “Body Temple Fundamentals” as well as the “Body Temple Bellydance Blueprint method”.
If you would like to receive a certificate for either training you will be required to:
- Fill in the application form below
- Complete all fusion bellydance tutorial videos to the best of your ability
- Complete the “challenges/tasks” for your chosen training. These will need to be recorded and uploaded to a platform that i can access.
- X2 One on one mentoring sessions
- Complete journaling exercises
If you choose to start with Fundamentals, you can then go on to complete The Body Temple Bellydance Blueprint teacher training.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PARTICIPATE?
- Download the Zoom app
- Stable internet/wifi connection
- Space to move for the interactive dance masterclass
- For certification: you will need a recording device (your phone will do!) to capture your challenges and tasks.
* Email me to enquire about a payment plan
Fundamentals Teacher Training
- Fusion tutorial videos including isolations, arm patterns, hands movements and foot patterns (7 hours)
- Downloads of all tutorials and masterclasses
- Training Documents and templates
- x2 One on one mentor and technical development sessions
- Certificate upon completion of tasks
- You will access all content immediately after payment has processed
- You can choose to further your studies to teach the Bellydance Blueprint Method for an extra $400AUD ($285USD). This training will include the Bellydance Blueprint tutorial videos (9 hours) plus x2 mentoring sessions.
Teacher Training: The Bellydance Blueprint Method
- Beginner Isolation initation series plus the Bellydance Blueprint Level one Tutorials (26 lessons: 15 hours)
- Downloads of all tutorials and masterclasses
- masterclasses- these are the same as those taught in the Fundamentals teahcer training
- Training Documents and templates
- x2 One:one mentor sessions
- Certificate upon completion of tasks
- This is suitable for dancers who are proficient in basic technique and ready for a challenge!
- Please note if you have already purchased the Bellydance Blueprint level one, there is a $90AUD discount (please email me)
- Please complete the application form below and i will contact you within 24 hours
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long do i have to complete the Challenge lessons for certification?
There is not set time that you are required to complete all tasks, however i suggest you set yourself a goal of no longer than 3 months. You are not required to complete these Challenges prior to watching the masterclasses.
What is the main difference between Fundamentals and teaching the Blueprint Method?
The Fundamentals is more for dancers who have not had as much experience. The focus is mainly on the basics from the Bellydance Blueprint method. These include isolations, basic arm patterns, turns and a few foot patterns. The only difference in the content from both trainings is Module One (the technical tutorials). Both trainings have the same masterclass content as well as x2 one:one mentor sessions.
Teaching the Bellydance Blueprint method is more complex and goes into layering and learning how to create your own combinations. The tasks to complete are a little more challenging also.
Can i do a payment plan?
Yes. Please email me to discuss
Do i have to know all of the technique in the tutorial videos before i teach?
No. To teach level one you need to have a clear technical understanding of the following movement from the tutorial videos:
- Muscle isolations
- Arm patterns
- Foot positions
- A few of the foot patterns
As you teach you will develop more skills, so you do not need to be ‘perfect’ to start!
Do i have to teach the Bellydance Blueprint method in the same way you do?
Absolutely not. The training videos are a way for you to learn how to create your own combinations. It is a helpful framework when you start to teach, however as time goes by, you will develop your own style. Everyone is different and i encourage you to use this teacher training as a guideline to inspire and help you develop your own teaching/dancing style.
Are all of the lessons and masterclasses downloadable?
Yes! You will have access to them all for life.
Will this teacher training also cover online teaching?
Yes. In one of the masterclasses i will discuss the different options for teaching live vs pre recorded. I will share some simple set ups to get you started as well as what you will need to purchase.
I already have the Bellydance Blueprint, do i get a discount?
Yes. When you go to register, there will be an option for those who already have Level one Bellydance Blueprint
What Others have been saying about the Bellydance Blueprint method…
“I’m really enjoying working through the blueprint! It’s very helpful and I feel I am already beginning to get inspiration as to how I can structure my own personal practice in terms of developing my own dance vocabulary. I have completed the level one muscle focus and have completed my first challenge. I would like to take the blueprint certificate and I am also interested in teacher training!”